1. There was something peculiar in the way he smiles.
A. different B. wrong C. strange D. funny
2. I have little information as regards her fitness for the post.
A. at B. with C. about D. from
3. She came across three children sleeping under a bridge.
A. found by chance B. passed by C. took a notice of D. woke up
4. The rules are too rigid to allow for humane error.
A. general B. complex C. direct D. inflexible
5. It seems incredible that he had been there a week already.
A. unbelievable B. right C. obvious D. unclear
6. She gets aggressive when she is drunk.
A. worried B. sleepy C. anxious D. offensive
7. Rumors began to circulate about his financial problems.
A. send B. hear C. spread D. confirm
8. As a politician, he knows how to manipulate public opinion.
A. express B. influence C. divide D. voice
9. These animals migrate south annually in search of food.
A. explore B. travel C. inhabit D. prefer
10. He was tempted by the high salary offered by the company.
A. taught B. kept C. changed D. attracted
11. The police will need to keep a wary eye on this area of town.
A. cautious B. naked C. blind D. private
12. Make sure the table is securely anchored.
A. repaired B. cleared C. booked D. fixed
13. Come out, or I’ll bust the door down.
A. shut B. break C. set D. beat
14. The contract between the two companies will expire soon.
A. shorten B. start C. end D. resume
15. He paused, waiting for her to digest the information.
A. understand B. withhold C. exchange D. contact
参考答案：CCADA DCBBD ADBCA