31. — Whose T-shirt isthis?
—It ________ be John’s. It’s ________ small for him.
A. can’t; much too B. can’t; too much C. mustn’t; too much
32. －MustI return before dinner, Mum?
－No, you ____________. You can come back later.
A.mustn’t B. needn’t C. may not
33. The woman who is talking with Mr. Brown ___ be Miss Li. She has gone to England.
A. can’t B.must C. may D. mustn’t
34.From March 23rd 2013, anyone under the age of 14 ________ go into Disney's US parks alone.
A. couldn't B. mustn't C. needn't D. mightn't
35.—Li Lei, hurry up! The bus is coming.
—Oh, no. We ______ cross the street until the traffic lights turn green.
A. mustn’t B. may not C.needn’t D. have to
36. —May I smoke here?
—No, you _______. This is a no-smoking room.
A. needn’t B. mustn’t C. couldn’t D. wouldn’t
37. Excuse me, sir. You ______ open the door before the train stops.
A. mustn't B. needn’t C. may not D. don’t have to
38. —Honey, stay home before I return.
—I ________, mum.
A. must B. can C. will D. should
39. — Look at the boy playing basketball on the ground. Is it George?
— It ______ be him. He told me he would play basketball after class, but he’s not sure.
A. mustn’t B. must C. can’t D. may
40.—Must I finish my homework now?
—No, you ______. You can go home now.
A. needn’t B. mustn’t C. shouldn’t D. can’t
31-35 A B A B A
36-40 B A C D A