Part I Writing
Part II Reading comprehension (Skimming and Scanning)
1. From what singer Kanye West said, we know that .
[D] he forgave Chris Brown’s deed
2. “violent fight” is different from domestic violence in that .
[B] the former is two-sided while the latter is one-sided
3. What can be described as an accident or a mistake according to the author?
[B] Taking the gas for the brake killing a cat.
4. The author suggests that in most domestic-abuse cases, women return home after the abuse because .
[B] they are too scared of men’s power to leave
5. What does the author suggest we do when teaching children about domestic violence?
[A] Spend some time to expose some myths.
6. According to the passage, when discussing about domestic violence, we should .
[D] avoid referring to it as being provoked
7. What do we know for sure about Chris Brown and Rihanna according to the first paragraph?
[C] Rihanna has accused Chris Brown of abusing her.
8. Women would criticize their own behavior when explaining why they are abused by their lovers.
9. According to experts, in domestic violence, abusers’attacks tend to be intensifying .
10. What makes those abused stay with their abusive partners is the horrible cycle of emotional dependence, shame and fear .
Part III Listening Comprehension
11. [C] She would like to know about that problem.
12. [B] It is very interesting.
13. [A] Taking a train.
14. [C] The man should practice using the vocabulary.
15. [A] Choose other time.
16. [D] It will probably be cold.
17. [A] The woman bought too many skirts.
18. [B] In a hotel.
19. [C] It’s the easiest way to communicate with other users.
20. [A] It may not be of a high level of security.
21. [B] IE and Windows.
22. [D] Try to get a free E-mail account.
23. [D] Refrigerator and kitchen stuff.
24. [B] Advertise them on the university notice boards.
25. [A] It may not pay well.
26. [C] Delighted.
27. [B] Tell him the truth.
28. [C] Remember a couple of names first.
29. [A] Cycling around a lake.
30. [D] It needs water and electricity to keep its courses green.
31. [C] It uses fewer resources.
32. [B] To encourage people to go in for green sports.
33. [B] 3
34. [D] To get to know how to ask for financial aid.
35. [B] To make JohnsonReview popular.